Training Professionals for Excellence
Diploma, Certificate and Workshop Program for Development Professionals
We are delighted to introduce Our Diploma, Certificate and Workshop Program schedule of classroom based and field-oriented training, specially designed for those seeking to become development professionals. The programs lay emphasis on competence and capability and the necessity to bridge knowledge gaps.
Why Study At VCID?
Over the years, VCID has built a strong reputation as a leading provider of effective, expert and high-quality international development training.
VCID is a place for Academic Excellence
Our professional programs have been built on the concept of creating a suite of first-class modules relevant to our target beneficiaries and are delivered in a flexible way through classroom based and on-the-job training. We deliver key learning outcomes that will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to fulfill the increasing demands for quality services.
Professional and vocational qualifications which leads to accreditation.
The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) recognizes vocational achievement through the attainment of credits for units of study and for whole qualifications. The smallest qualification in brick works is the Award, then the Certificate, and the largest is the Diploma, although there are other intermediate qualifications also available. The duration of study will typically reflect the size of the qualification..
Excellent Training Facilities
Bricklaying students have access to excellent training facilities and sessions delivered by professional trainers, covering the full range of activities relevant to the trade, making it perfect for those taking their first steps to becoming a
Programme Facilities and Professional Path
We are proud to offer some of the best construction facilities in the sector and the process of improving and upgrading them is ongoing. VCID has well equipped workshops for students to undertake practical work while specialist workshops for all trades are made available through our placement agencies.
The workshops at VCID include a specialist facility for brick and block work and students become involved in practical projects around the campus and estate, producing finished work to commercial, professional standards.
Being awarded Centre of Vocational Excellence status for our construction programmes is a reflection of our commitment to high standards and innovative approaches to teaching.
Bricklaying students have access to excellent training facilities and sessions delivered by professional trainers, covering the full range of activities relevant to the trade, making it perfect for those taking their first steps to becoming a qualified bricklayer.
Like to study Brick Work Technology?
To be eligible for the VCID Diploma in Brick Work Technology, the students must fulfill the following conditions:
- At least 4 O/L pass including religion and CAP
- School leavers with existing skills in construction work (attestation of service required)
- Minimal skill level in Mathematics (a score of 50% or higher on the elementary algebra skill portion of the VCID entry test. In case of failure to meet the required points, students will undertake a compulsory course –Math 101 and 102 concurrently with the semester 1 coursework).
- A minimal score of 80 in the VCID entry exams for reading comprehension and writing components and a 70 in Listening and Speaking. All potential students must reach the expected bar before admission. In some cases, students may be expected to complete VCID ENG 101/102 concurrently with their semester coursework
1. Copies of certificates/diplomas
2. Attestation of service for applicants with apprenticeship experience
3. Copy of birth certificate
4. Original receipt of non-re-reimbursable application fee (15,000FCFA)
5. Copy of signed undertaking, obtainable from the centre police